We believe that food should be accessible to all persons as part of their right to a healthy and happy life. Through our partnership with Dare to Care, UCHM has a food pantry program that is available to community members the following days/times:
- – Monday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- – Tuesday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- – Wednesday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- – Thursday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- – You do not need an appointment to visit our pantry. We invite you to visit our pantry during regular business hours by entering our front door and checking in with the receptionist.
- – Once you have arrived, our receptionist will get you check into the pantry. You are then able to walk or drive around the back loading area, park your car or bicycle, and come into the pantry to select your fresh bread and produce. During this time, our volunteers will help prepare a food box.
- – You can come once a month for a food box.
- – You can come weekly for fresh bread and produce.
- – If you have questions while picking up your food, you can direct your questions to staff by pushing the intercom at the front of back of the building or by calling 502-893-0346.
What do you need to bring?
- – Picture identification
- – Proof of Residence (Ex: current lease or utility bill)
What kind of food is available? UCHM receives food from a variety of partners including:
– USDA Commodities TFAP Program (Must qualify based on income)
– Dare to Care Foundational Food
– Dare to Care Fresh Produce (Delivered weekly on Tuesday)
– Community Donations (Non-perishable)
– Retail donations from Kroger and Fresh Market
– Weekly donations through Kentucky Harvest
– Senior Commodities (For individuals 60+ who qualify)