UCHM provides support for individuals and families in our community who find themselves in emergency situations. Funding is provided in part by our local churches, individual donations and by Louisville Metro Community Services & Revitalization. Emergency Assistance is supported by Dare to Care, Louisville Metro Office of Resilience and Community Services, local businesses, UCHM’s 21 member churches, and individual supporters.
United Crescent Hill Ministries’ Emergency Assistance programs serves the needs of those living in the 40206 zip code. If you require another neighborhood ministry that might be of service to you, please visit the member listing page of Louisville’s Association of Community Ministries here. If you live in the 40206 zip code and would like to request financial assistance, please complete the UCHM Emergency Assistance Request Form below.
All requests for LG&E assistance, water, and rent will be completed over the phone and through text and e-mail. Electronic signature will need to be completed prior to pledge. To apply for financial assistance please complet the intake form here. Clients will need to send proof of income, ID, and bill (or lease for rent) electronically via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org or text (502-791-7926). All requirements for the utility assistance programs will remain the same and serve 40206 zip code only.
We believe that food should be accessible to all persons as part of their right to a healthy and happy life. Through our partnership with Dare to Care, UCHM has a food pantry program that is available to community members the following days/times:
- Monday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Wednesday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Thursday: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, UCHM’s process for emergency assistance will change to limit person-to-person contact between community members. Please see below for new process.
Food Pantry During COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Pantry is open 1-4pm, during these hours clients can call UCHM to request distribution of monthly USDA/foundation food box or monthly senior commodities box. Signatures are not required on a temporary basis.
- To request food, call UCHM at 502-893-0346. If you do not have a phone please use the button at the front of the building. Provide your name, address, e-mail address, number of members in household, and mode of transportation (walking, driving, etc.)
- Once you have placed your order, we will prepare up your food. If you are driving please pull around to the back of the building but do not exit your car. You will find your box labeled with you name on table. Please do not go past the table.
- If you are walking please wait behind the table at the back of the building until your order is ready.
- You may come once a month for a food box and fresh bread/produce. We have limited donations at this time.
- If you have questions while picking up your food, you can direct your questions to staff by pushing the intercom at the front of back of the building or by calling 502-893-0346.
Rent/LG&E/Water Assistance During COVD-19 Pandemic:
- All requests for LG&E assistance, water, and rent will be completed over the phone and through text and e-mail. Electronic signature will need to be completed prior to pledge. To apply for financial assistance please complet the intake form here.
- Clients will need to send proof of income, ID, and bill (or lease for rental assistance) electronically via e-mail (email@example.com or text (502-791-7926).
- All requirements for the utility assistance programs will remain the same and serve 40206 zip code only.
What do you need to bring?
- Picture identification
- Proof of Residence (Ex: current lease or utility bill)
What kind of food is available?
UCHM receives food from a variety of partners including:
- USDA Commodities TFAP Program (Must qualify based on income)
- Dare to Care Foundational Food
- Dare to Care Fresh Produce (Delivered weekly on Tuesday)
- Community Donations (Non-perishable)
- Retail donations from Kroger and Fresh Market
- Weekly donations through Kentucky Harvest
- Senior Commodities (For individuals 60+ who qualify)
RENT AND UTILITY ASSISTANCE
We provide support to families facing eviction or loss of services through rent and utility assistance. This assistance is provided with support from LG&E, the Association for Community Ministries, Louisville Metro Government, partner organizations, and private donations. All rent and utility assistance is provided as financial resources are available. To make an appointment for assistance, contact Katie Litanga at 502-893-0346 ex. 104 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UCHM provides Christmas help to families that reside in the 40206 zip code through partnerships with member churches, local businesses, and community members,. The Christmas Connection program pairs families in need with community groups to provide gifts to children in grades K-8. We also host a Christmas Community Party through our Christmas Connection Program during the month of December for families and community members. Sign-up for Christmas Connection begins in October. To sign-up for the program or find out how to participate as a volunteer or sponsor, please contact Katie Litanga at 502-893-0346-0346 or email@example.com.
UCHM provides school supplies to children residing in the 40206 zip code with support from partners and member churches. We also host an annual Back-to-School Event to provide information and support to families so that they can have a successful school year. This program takes place in late July. Check back for more information in the summer.