UCHM is seeking a person to serve the needs of low-wealth individuals and families through emergency assistance and a youth program consisting of an after-school and summer camp.
The organization has a long history in the community and is looking to create new energy.
Purpose: To provide leadership, development, and oversight of the UCHM Emergency
Assistance Program and the United Learning Summer Camp and After-school Programs.
Support the overarching mission of UCHM to “build compassionate community” by providing ongoing guidance, development, and implementation of UCHM’s Strategic Plan.
- Oversee and implement all aspects of the Emergency Assistance (EA) program; manage utility and rental assistance program, food pantry program, and EA events such as Christmas Connection program and Back to School Supply Giveaway.
- Develop and implement strengths-based and empowerment-focused case management components of the Emergency Assistance Program, including community organizing around specific areas of need: affordable housing, childcare, job training and employment services, and health and wellness.
- Lead program development, implementation, and program quality design for the UCHM
United Learning Youth Program, including academic support/homework help, skill- development, and social and emotional learning (SEL) enrichment.
- Lead and supervise team of youth development professionals to carry out the goals of the United Learning Youth Program; facilitate professional development and training for youth development team.
- Develop and facilitate strong working relationships with churches, businesses, non-profit partners and community leaders within the Louisville Metro area to coordinate and strengthen existing work with United Learning Youth Program and Emergency Assistance Program.
- Ongoing personal and professional development through in-services and ongoing educational opportunities.
- Manage grant requirements and reporting for all grants related to Emergency Assistance program and United Learning Youth Programs.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers in the United Learning Youth Program and Emergency Assistance Programs.
- Assist the Executive Director with fundraising and development; research and write grant applications to secure funding for new and existing community programs; assist in planning and execution of fundraising events including annual Santa Sprint & Stroll.
- Support UCHM’s digital outreach strategies through social media, e-mail automation, website management, and content development.
- Attend community speaking events to share the mission of UCHM and development support for community programs.
- Work with UCHM Board Committees (Emergency Assistance, Youth) to share information, develop resources, and coordinate support for community programs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years non-profit experience; supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment and passion for community development and youth services; comfortable working with students in grades K-8.
- Experience and comfortability working with historically marginalized populations.
- Understanding of best practices and program quality standards in youth development strongly preferred.
- Awareness and working knowledge of best practices in case management (trauma informed, strengths-based) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office; experience with case management database preferred.
- Commitment to UCHM’s Diversity and Equity Plan.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to fast-paced environments.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Compassionate, people-oriented and client-focused.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday.