UCHM has been monitoring the global and local reponse to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. In order to ensure that we are doing our part to keep community members safe we are making the following changes to our service provision. These changes will help to promote social distancing and lessen the frequency of person-to-person contact.
- Senior Congregate Meals and Senior Activities: We will be suspending our on-site congregate meal and eliminating activities for those 60 and over for the next week until we can get more guidance from Louisville Metro and KIPDA for future options.
- Meal Deliveries for Seniors: Beginning Tuesday March 17 and continuing through Friday, April 3, Louisville Metro’s Office of Resilience & Community Services will be offering frozen meals to all adults 60 and older at 5 different locations. Proof of age will be required. Information on Meals on Wheels in-home delivery for the next week is TBD and will be posted as soon as it is available.
- Food Pantry: We will adjust our food pantry distribution to limit human interaction. We are working toward electronic signatures and having individuals utilize our intercom system to reduce human contact. Boxes of food will be packaged and placed outside at the rear entrance for individuals to be picked up.
- Rent and Utility Assistance: We are planning to do emergency financial assistance over the phone and through email with documents from clients. We will be able to contact LG&E and LWC by portal online or phone. We will work with those facing eviction as much by phone or email as possible. This is another place we will use electronic signatures.
- Youth Program: As of Monday, March 16, our United Learning after-school program will stop programming until April 6 to follow the JCPS closure.
We are expecting to see an increase in the number of families needing financial assistance and emergency food. Please consider donating to our emergency assistance program to help us meet the needs of our community members by vising our donation page. We will continue to keep you informed of how we plan to serve our neighbors and appreciate your support and assistance. If you have any questions about these temporary changes, please reach out to us at 502-893-0346. Thank you for helping us build better community.